This High Definition Digital Signage Media Player is a part of a great solution for businesses to get their messages in front of customers. Each display or TV would have a digital media player which serves as the interface between the Digital Signage “system” and the display or television. There are different configurations but typically the player has a LAN port for pushing content to storage portion of the player. There is also a TV output which is usually an HDMI connection for sending the video content to the the display or TV.
HD Digital Signage Media Player Overview:
- This digital media player is located behind the Display or TV and receives content updates via wired or wireless Ethernet, stores content on the internal solid state drive and outputs it to the display via the video interfaces.
- Content Management via wired Ethernet, Wireless Ethernet (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN 2.4g)
- Supports 1080p HD video and still images.
- This unit open source and allows for compatibility with free software as well as compatibility with a variety of other software packages with various functionality.
- Video Format Support ( Video Codecs) : H.264 (1080p), VC-1 (1080p), MPEG-4 ASP (720p), MPEG-2 (1080p), MPEG-1 (720p)
- Image format Support (Image Codecs) : PNG (1920×1080), JPEG (1920×1080)
- Audio Format Support (Audio Codecs) : MPEG L2/MP3 up to 320Kbps, AAC in H.264 streams
- Video outputs (To Display or TV): HDMI/VGA up to 1080p (same output simultaneously), Composite NTSC/PAL output, Composite NTSC/PAL A/V input
- On Board Storage: 4GB solid-state storage (2 hours of 4Mbps video)
- Power consumption of 10 watts from a 12v power supply
- Dimensions of 6.1 x 4.5 x 1.1 (inches)
Check out Nextec Systems Commercial Digital Signage Solutions in Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin